Naohiro Seo, Ph,D.
Special Lecturer, Immuno-Gene therapy, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine
2-174, Edobashi, Tsu, Mie, 514-8507
Phone +59-231-5187, Fax +59-231-5276
Profiles and Research Field
He graduated from the University of Tokyo, Japan, in 1995, with a D.M.S. degree. He is currently working as a Research Associate Professor at the Department of Immuno-Gene Therapy, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine. The areas of his expertise are clinical and investigative immunology and tumor biology including the immune regulation in tumor‐bearing hosts, allergies, inflammations, and autoimmune diseases focusing on the action by suppressor lymphocytes including gamma/delta T cells, cytokine‐induced T regulatory cells, and lymphocyte‐derived exosomes (Extracellular vesicles).
- N Seo, Y Shirakura, Y Tahara, F Momose, N Harada, H Ikeda, K Akiyoshi, H Shiku: Activated CD8+ T Cell extracellular vesicles prevent tumor progression by targeting of lesional mesenchymal cells. Nature Communications, 9: 435, 2018.
- N Seo, K Akiyoshi, H Shiku: Exosome-mediated regulation of tumor immunology. Cancer Science 109(10): 2998-3004, 2018.
- D Muraoka, N Seo, T Hayashi, C Hyuga-Amaike, K Okamori, I Tawara, N Harada, H Shiku: Signal-transducing adaptor protein-2 promotes generation of functional long-term memory CD8+ T cells by preventing terminal effector differentiation. Oncotarget, 2017 in press.
- F Momose, N Seo, Y Akahori, S Sawada, N Harada, T Ogura, K Akiyoshi, H Shiku: Guanine-rich sequences are a fundamental feature of exosomal microRNA regardless of the species and cell types. PLoS One 11: e0154134, 2016.
- L Wang, N Ma, S Okamoto, Y Amaishi, E Sato, N Seo, J Mineno, K Takesako, T Kato, H Shiku: Efficient Tumour Regression by Adoptively Transferred CEA-Specific CAR-T Cells Associated with Symptoms of Mild Cytokine Release Syndrome. Oncoimmunol. 5: e1211218, 2016.
- N Seo, Y Shirakura, Y Tahara, N Harada, K Akiyoshi, H Shiku: CD8+ T cells interrupt tumor progression including invasion and metastasis by exosome-mediated depletion of mesenchymal tumor stromal cells. J. Extracell. Vesicles 5: 31552, 2016 (ISEV2016: Rotterdam).
- F Momose, N Seo, N Harada, S Sawada, K Akiyoshi, H Shiku: Cytotoxic miRNAs against the cultured mesenchymal stem cells are included in human T cell-derived exosomes. J. Extracell. Vesicles 5: 31552, 2016 (ISEV2016: Rotterdam).
- N Seo, Y Shirakura, Y Tahara, N Harada, K Akiyoshi, H Shiku: The role of CD8+ T cell-released exosomes on the down-regulation of tumor invasion and metastasis by elimination of stromal mesenchymal cells. 14th CIMT Annual Meeting, Mainz, 2016.
- N Seo, Y Shirakura, D Muraoka, Y Tahara, S Sawada, K Akiyoshi, H Shiku: Characterization of murine cytotoxic T cell-derived exosomes in the prevention of tumor growth. J. Extracell. Vesicles 4: 27783, 2015 (ISEV2015: Washington DC).
- F Momose, N Harada, Y Akahori, N Seo, S Sawada, K Akiyoshi, H Shiku: Analysis of the specific microRNA motifs and basic properties of the activated human T cell-released extracellular vesicles. J. Extracell. Vesicles 4: 27783, 2015 (ISEV2015: Washington DC).
- N Seo, Y Shirakura, D Muraoka, Y Tahara, K Akiyoshi, H Shiku: Murine CD8+ T cell-released exosomes attenuate tumor progression by destructing fibroblastic mesenchymal stroma. 74th Annual Meeting of Japanese Cancer Association (JCA2015), International Session, 2015, Nagoya.
- M Ishihara, N Seo, J Mitui, D Muraoka, M Tanaka, J Mineno, H Ikeda, H Shiku: Systemic CD8+ T cell-mediated tumoricidal effects by intratumoral treatment of oncolytic herpes simplex virus with the agonistic monoclonal antibody for murine glucocorticoid-induced tumor necrosis factor receptor. PLoS One 9: e104669, 2014.
- K Nishikawa, N Seo, D Muraoka, K Tanaka, I Tawara, M Masuya, T Kato, H Shiku, N Katayama: Interleukin-17 induces an atypical M2-like macrophage subpopulation that regulates intestinal inflammation. PLoS One 9: e108494, 2014.